A place to celebrate raising Angora rabbits and using their fiber, sewing, embroidery, crocheting, and whatever other glorious things come to mind.

Thursday, September 20, 2018

One Monthly Goal Finished

It's been a long time in the works, but I finally finished this wallet. It was inspired by Dave Ramsey and our desire to get our finances in better order. I know you can do that through apps and more techie methods, but as Dave says (and I agree) it's good to feel the money leaving your possession; it makes you think twice about a purchase.

I got the pattern here: 


 With some plastic that I had left from another project I was able to make little label pockets on each cash "envelope."



The pattern simply and clearly guides you to make six "envelopes" plus two more pockets which I'm using for my personal spending money and our family entertainment money.


A nice zippered pocket (don't worry it wasn't too hard to make, even if you've never done zippers) holds coins.



Of course I have a category for Books. Doesn't everyone?

I am especially eager to use this since my current wallet is ripped and the coins just go whereever their little hearts desire.

This pattern was quite well-written and easy to follow for an experienced sewist. I think a beginner could do pretty well, too, though the final few steps were challenging. Very worth it, though.

1 comment:

One Monthly Goal Finished

It's been a long time in the works, but I finally finished this wallet. It was inspired by Dave Ramsey and our desire to get our financ...