A place to celebrate raising Angora rabbits and using their fiber, sewing, embroidery, crocheting, and whatever other glorious things come to mind.

Monday, September 3, 2018

Flimsy Finish

Well, I didn't work at all on my August goal. Big sigh! It's been a very rough month here with some family difficulties and I've alson been trying to get everything ready to start up homeschooling again on the 4th.

So, this weekend was a treat in that I did get to sew some. I got a harebrained idea to suddenly make a baby quilt for a baby shower this coming Thursday evening. Silly me!

It's not so hard to piece a flimsy (quilt top) in that little time, but it's qoing to be interesting to see if I can get someone to machnie quilt it in two days. Where we used to live, my quilter would slide in a little baby quilt for me between her big quilting jobs. Not sure if that will work here. And since today is a holiday (Labor Day), I don't want to try calling the quilter till tomorrow morning.

So, what is the gem that needs quilting? Here it is, just finished:


This is where I found the tutorial: Cross My Heart Quilt

The keys for me to be able to finish it so quickly were that I already had the 2/3 yard of white fabric and that I have a good collection of 2.5 inch squares right beside my sewing machine with which I use Bonnie Hunter's Leaders/Enders technique.


And I also have a box of those squares already sewn together into what I call "two-bies" so they can be grabbed and put into whatever I'm working on.

Yes, this is a Sky Flakes Crackers box. I grew up in the Philippines where these are made and they are a treasure to me.




So, wish me luck on getting this quilted and bound before Thursday evening. 😊

And wish me luck on finally getting my August goal (the cash wallet) done.

Linking up at: 
http://www.create-with-joy.com/2018/09/inspire-me-monday-week-346.html
http://lovelaughquilt.blogspot.com/2018/09/monday-making.html
http://emsscrapbag.blogspot.com/2018/09/moving-it-forward.html
https://www.cookingupquilts.com/mcm-128-back-from-vacation-rested-and-rejuvenated/




5 comments:

  1. Your quilt is adorable. Love all the colors. Maybe you could just meander with little hearts periodically thrown in. That could be cute and you could be officially done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Cross my heart quilt. Deanna writes great patterns doesn't she? I just quilted mine this weekend but I bet your's will be finished before mine as mines in the "need to select binding" pile and two other quilts are before it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute little baby quilt! Glad that inspiration struck and hope you get it done for the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cross Your Heart is a great baby quilt! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the design!It's turned out so well! xx

    ReplyDelete

One Monthly Goal Finished

It's been a long time in the works, but I finally finished this wallet. It was inspired by Dave Ramsey and our desire to get our financ...