A place to celebrate raising Angora rabbits and using their fiber, sewing, embroidery, crocheting, and whatever other glorious things come to mind.

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Finally Back

I have definitely been missing in action on this blog, but that's because there has been so much action elsewhere.

We have lived in this house for over a year now and had planned to do a bunch of remodeling to make a larger living room and give the girls bigger bedrooms. Well, reality has set in - we just don't have the finances to do that and we're certainly not going into debt to do it.

So...the focus now is to beautify and make do with what we have. Home Depot loves how much paint I've been buying from them, even if we're not yet buying the big stuff like windows, dry wall, and flooring.

When we moved in, the whole house (and I mean everything!) was painted tan. Good rental property color, I suppose. But it seemed dull and depressing.



I lived with it till we signed on the mortgage and then out came the paintbrush and roller and my bedroom became a clean and cheery off-white.

Then I tackled another bedroom in the same color and then went on to the living/dining room. Here's how it turned out:




Much brighter and cheerier in my opinion, even with the everyday-life-clutter.

And Princess beautifully decorated the hall doors with Morning Glories.




I've also tackled the basement, which isn't done, but has progressed a lot. It is divided into two long sections with a little bitty room at the end of one section that was used as a firewood storage room and I converted into a storage room with my husband's desk and work related stuff.

The other part of that section was pretty cluttered with stuff that I hadn't yet unpacked or didn't have a place for yet. The first three pictures were taken after I had moved some stuff into the new storage room.




The yellow and blue wall became light yellow and a little accordianing divider made of ReStore closet doors covers the water and electricity clutter in the corner. 


Eventually I hope to put up drywall, but...

...when we put up more shelves, you almost can't tell there's a wall there anyhow. 😉


 So I have my sewing area at one end; the Princess has her painting area in the middle; and Poobah has her card-making and other crafting in the corner. It's not real fancy, but it serves us well and I was able to get the sewing stuff out of my bedroom - much more space for a reading nook.


Now I hope to have time to sew and to share what I'm sewing.



1 comment:

  1. You've certainly done a lot of work since you moved in! Love your craft room :) And yes, hope you all now have time to use your beautiful space!! xx

    ReplyDelete

One Monthly Goal Finished

It's been a long time in the works, but I finally finished this wallet. It was inspired by Dave Ramsey and our desire to get our financ...