A place to celebrate raising Angora rabbits and using their fiber, sewing, embroidery, crocheting, and whatever other glorious things come to mind.

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Apron Fun

Boosted by the ladies of Jenny's Gentle Domesticity group, I made time this evening to make an apron which had been on my mental to-do list for a long time. I don't particularly need and apron because I often use the ones I made my daughters make for themselves so they could learn to sew.

But then...this fabric came across my path and I couldn't resist it.

So it became my new apron.


And I put it on and made Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Cake, a family favorite.

Here's the recipe:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Cream: 1 c. soft butter
             3 c. sugar

Add, and beat, one at a time: 6 eggs
Blend in: 1 c. sour cream

Mix in: 3 c. white flour
             1/4 tsp baking powder
             1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Blend well.

Add: 1 c. chocolate chips (I prefer semi-sweet.)
         3/4 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Bake in greased angel food or bundt pan for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool a little before removing from pan.

This is a heavy, filling cake that does not need frosting.

Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Oooh love that fabric!!! I am sure that apron will inspire you to do lots of cooking and baking! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can hope! I'd actually rather be sewing.

      Delete

One Monthly Goal Finished

It's been a long time in the works, but I finally finished this wallet. It was inspired by Dave Ramsey and our desire to get our financ...