A place to celebrate raising Angora rabbits and using their fiber, sewing, embroidery, crocheting, and whatever other glorious things come to mind.

Monday, August 6, 2018

Sewing Again

While I haven't had quilting time yet, I did get to sew something recently.

A summer dress. For me.

I hadn't made clothing in quite a long while because my kids don't like the homemade stuff anymore. So I  enjoyed making this for myself.


I got several compliments on it at church yesterday and my husband likes it, so I'm happy.

Here's the Simplicity pattern:


It's very simple. I did make French seams, though I want to learn how to make less ravelly edges around the zipper. So, I'm planning to make another one soon and will work on that.

The pattern envelope is cut open because I staple it to a regular file folder and use that for my pattern piece storage so I don't have to fold the pieces so precisely to make them fit back into the envelope. (That's my tip for the day. 😀)

Hope you've had some sewing fun.

2 comments:

  1. Your dress is darling, Kim! It looks like a longer version of the Anthropologie top that I altered to wear to church on Sunday, all the while wishing I was making it from scratch instead of making do with a poor-fitting ready to wear. I'm going to keep an eye out for that pattern, and i love your tip about filing your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress. Great tip on pattern storage! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

One Monthly Goal Finished

It's been a long time in the works, but I finally finished this wallet. It was inspired by Dave Ramsey and our desire to get our financ...